I had reservations for a hotel in Monticello, UT. It was a lot later than we planned on leaving but we did make it on the road that day. Unfortunately we drove through a scenic part of the drive in the pitch dark so we'll have to go back and do that in the daylight some day. I've always wanted to see the Arches area.
We arrived at the hotel pretty late, finally settling in about 11 pm. I had hit my head earlier in the day when we were loading the car, so I had a pretty big headache by this point (the emotions of the day didn't help much either).
The next morning, we got up, ate breakfast at the hotel, and loaded up. We drove by to see the Monticello Temple in the daylight.
Here are all the kids ready for our adventure. The van was very full even with the car topper. Kind of hard to pack the basics for a family of 7 to survive for a couple of weeks or months until we get housing into our minivan. I think we both decided we need to start thinking about getting a larger vehicle when we can afford it.
Here's Clay ready for the drive. This is the first time we've all traveled together on a move which was really nice. I'm afraid it will be our last probably too.
And we were off for our first day of adventure. Colorado and New Mexico, here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment