We arrived at Fort Hood and checked into the hotel/temporary housing. I had no idea what to expect except that we had 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I was very pleasantly surprised by what we found.
Here's the girl's room--

Off the girl's room is a walk in closet that had a rollaway bed in it that Daniel decided to claim. He's enjoying having his own "room" for a short time.

The living room. Jonathan sleeps on the couch in here at night.

Our little kitchen. I'm so grateful to have one! I'm getting really creative at using a broiler pan to cook all kinds of stuff in the oven. I guess I should check into getting a cookie sheet from the lending closet but somethings don't seem like the effort it takes with 5 kids. We're making it work. I'm just glad to have a oven/fridge! It's really tight but it's so much better than a microwave and mini fridge!

The dining room and where Samantha sleeps at night (she's in a rolling crib). There's a little laundry room off the back.

We also have another bedroom/bathroom that Clay & I are using that is off the dining room, but Samantha was asleep in there when I took the pictures.
Yesterday, Clay talked to the housing office and we thought we might be able to get into a house really soon but we haven't heard anything for certain today like we hoped. Trying to be patient. We are getting kind of spoiled with maid service everyday but I still would like to get into a home of our own and on a better schedule.
We still haven't had any offers for our house in Utah. We're praying we'll have the right people find it soon. Thanks for helping us pray for this!
No comments:
Post a Comment