Saturday, October 17, 2009

Packing and cleaning

We were supposed to have the ABF truck delivered on Thursday but since we had Grandma's funeral scheduled that day, we moved it to Friday.

We had a lot packed up, but it was really hard to pack it all up with the kid's extra help at times. I can't lie, it got pretty stressful. We started loading the truck Friday afternoon and got so much more done than I anticipated. That night we all slept on the floor in sleeping bags (well, Clay & I slept on an air mattress). All the beds were loaded and all the dressers except for ours. We finished packing for the trip that night (I really should have done this before) after the kids went to bed.

Saturday morning we woke up and got ready for Daniel's baptism. I really wanted to keep that as the focus for the day (well, the morning at least). After the baptism and lunch, we finished loading the stuff in the truck and cleaning the house the best we could. My mom and sister did a great job keeping every thing going and cleaning the downstairs for us.

Sunday we went to our ward one last time. It was hard to say good-bye to everyone there. We came back and loaded the sleeping bags and last few things in the moving truck, picked up a little more and headed down to Grandma Jensen's house to sleep for the night. It's funny how things repeat themselves. The only 2 nights I have spent at Grandma's house since I've been married are the night before we moved to Iowa and the night before we left for Texas on this move.

Monday morning we woke up and left the kids down at Grandma's house with my mother and sister to spend some time with cousins while Clay and I went up to the house to finish loading the van for the trip and clean the house. That took so much more time than I anticipated. I really wanted to be on the road by 4 pm but we didn't leave our house in West Valley until after then. I really wished I had more time to clean it better but I had to leave it the best we could given the circumstances. It was so much harder to leave this home than I thought it would be. We've changed so much in the four years we lived there and we added 2 more children to our family there. I cried so much leaving our home.

We still haven't had an offers for it. I really am praying that we will soon. It will be such a relief to not have to worry about it anymore.

No comments: