Jonathan had an appointment with his neurologist the Tuesday after Labor Day. The neurologist thinks that chocolate might be a trigger for Jonathan and asked us to put him on a no chocolate diet. I was a little concerned but after almost a month, he's doing great with avoiding chocolate.
Personally, I think his migraines have to do with his growing stretches that are still continuing. He has been growing like crazy for quiet some time now. He gained another 5 pounds AND grew 3 cm in 3 1/2 months. That's crazy!
His migraines are so infrequent that I won't know if no chocolate really is having an affect on it yet but we're trying it until his next appointment which is right after Christmas. His last migraine was so severe and lasted so long (3 days) that I'm willing to try anything.
Best of all, he's doing it on his own. The first few days were kind of humorous when he would come home from school and tell me stories about the "bad guy" that would chase him around the school trying to get him to eat chocolate and he would tell him no. I'm very proud of him for resisting and he stands up and tells people he can't eat it if he's offered chocolate. Would I be willing to do that? Hmmm......
He even told the lunch people at school he couldn't have a chocolate chip cookie so they gave him a little bag of carrots instead. And he liked it. :) Awesome! How many kids would turn down a chocolate chip cookie for carrots?
So here we go, we'll see how Halloween and Christmas go. I'm sure he'll do great. I still get more disgruntled looks from Christina when I remind her of what she can't eat (chips, sticky foods) because of her braces.
Hopefully it's all short lived and we go have gooey carmel brownies once again someday.......
No comments:
Post a Comment