Thursday, September 1, 2011

Good bye Uncle Tom

My uncle passed away Tuesday night.  I've known for a while that he was getting near the end but it still isn't easy.  I've lost an aunt to cancer and now an uncle.

The thing that gets me the most is that he's less than 20 years old than me.  That's scary.  He's been fighting melanoma for 10 years now.

Get those spots checked.  I'm glad we have an appointment already scheduled for the ones I found on Clay when he got home.  It makes me nervous.  We haven't told the kids or anyone else yet and I'm posting here.  Good thing I know that some people don't read this.  :)  I'm sure it's nothing but I still get concerned.

I remember going to visit Tom and Ruth when they lived in various home around Salt Lake for the first several years of their married life.  Tom used to take us on motorcycle rides.  He was always smiling, liked to tease, and loved his family.  Ruth is such an amazing person.  You knew they loved each other.

I'll miss you Uncle Tom.  After I got word of his passing, I had a dream of Tom and Grandpa hugging and then going off to plan a party for the rest of us.  Smiling and with a twinkle in their eyes and free from pain.

No comments: