Trying to catch up again....
Christina was scheduled for her oral surgery on Friday, August 5th. The day after Clay got home. We were glad he was able to make it home before. That morning, Christina and I headed off for the surgery. Or so we thought. When we got there, we were informed that the office had rescheduled it and someone forgot to call. Nice.
So Tuesday, August 9th, after scrambling with the kids (the concept of Clay being home to help with the kids wasn't possible any more as he had to go back to work), Christina, Daniel, Ethan, and I headed to the surgery. Daniel and Ethan stayed out in the hallway where I could see them and I was able to stay in the room with Christina until she went to sleep. That wasn't fun.
Then Daniel, Ethan, and I camped out in the waiting room for them to finish the surgery. Then the nurse came out to tell me she was done. And her jaw was very fragile. If she got bumped (especially the first week) her bottom jaw could shatter because of how deep they had to dig for the tooth and how much jaw was now exposed. I wasn't expecting that one.
Here's the x-ray, taken about a week later.
Did you see the cool gold chain on the bottom? There is also one on the top right but that one has already been removed.
Most of all, we're enjoying lots of this. It's so nice to hear his voice in the next room and know he's really here.


No comments:
Post a Comment