September 7th, I was almost to come home from a young women's activity when I got a text from Clay.
Ethan took a few steps for him.
Clay was beyond thrilled he was there to witness it.
And I would be lying to say I wasn't jealous.
Just a little bit.
I figured he would wait until Dad got home from Iraq, all of our kids have walked around 14 months (give or take) but I wanted to be there too. :(
When I got home, he was ready for bed and not in the mood to even try for me.
Tuesday (yep, almost a week later), he stood and took 4 steps towards me.
Happy Momma!!!
So I grabbed the camera and tried to take pictures.
And he liked to tease.
See, I walk around furniture--But I know she wants this--
I love how excited he gets when he walks! He often just stands and claps for himself (and of course, he has a few others that join in the fun).
Last night he was having fun as Clay, Christina, and I sat in a triangle on the floor and he would walk between us. I love this little guy!
I can't believe he's 14 months today. Wow!
He's been battling ear infections for the last month (spent the first day of school at the doctor's with him) and yesterday we finally got the all clear after 2 rounds of antibiotics.
Ethan is talking up a storm lately. For a month or so now when someone gives him something he says, "Thank you." He also goes "woof, woof" when he sees an animal and says Mom, Dad, "Na" (Christina). He loves going bye-bye and waving too.
We've also discovered a love of climbing. Now I know why our fruit has so many little bite marks in it as he climbs up the stool in the kitchen to see what I have in the fruit bowl.
Ethan's got all 4 of his one year molars and 7 other teeth (#8 is coming soon) for a grand total of 11 currently. He LOVES pasta. A lot. But isn't a huge fan of bread, crackers, etc.
All handsome and ready for church last Sunday--




No comments:
Post a Comment