Tuesday we had an appointment with Amanda for a screening for ADHD. We had her screened about a year and a half ago and she was borderline ADHD. This time she met every requirement but one that we weren't sure of.
Things have been difficult. For both of us.
Looking back, I can see signs from when she was really little but I figured she just needed different attention than the other kids.
We've tried increasing her sleep (many different attempts at this one), eating more protein in the mornings, getting her involved in exercise/activities, etc. I am grateful that the man we met with recognized that we've done everything we can to try to change things for her but it's not enough. She needs help.
So today we picked up some medicine to try and see if it will help her be able to focus better. We love her and need to do what's best for her.
I struggle feeling like I should be able to do more for her without turning to medication but it's to that point that we need help. She needs help so she can do better in school. I hope she can outgrow this and someday not need the medication anymore. For now, I'm being humbled. Realizing that I can't do it on my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment