Thursday, September 22 we had our Squadron Ball.
I bought the fabric for my dress back in May but didn't start until after Clay was home. So here's the final product--
It was fun because the kids were all with me when we picked out the fabric and pattern. It was fun as they so wanted to tell Daddy about the dress but didn't. :)
Clay did see the fabric and the pattern but didn't see the final outcome until just after Christina snapped this picture.
Getting Ready to go--
Doesn't he look great? This is the first time he has worn his Combat Medical Badge (above the ribbons on his left). He still hasn't been officially awarded it so he hasn't worn it on his daily uniform. It was awarded for his actions after one of the times his convoy was hit with an IED and he helped save two people's lives.
So, in case you were wondering--
Fabric, pattern, etc. for dress--abt. $50,
purse--$4.98 (on clearance),
necklace and earrings--$7 (on clearance)
shoes--on sale for about $10.
I had to alter the pattern a little bit (for more coverage on top) and actually made one of the pattern pieces myself. It turned out pretty well I thought.
I think he thought so too. :)



2 comments:
You did great!! It looks so beautiful, and the color is just lovely.
You looked so pretty and happy. I am so happy for you both.
I hope the medicine helps Amanda :-) you've done hard things so don't worry too much now.
How fun for you guys. I don't know if Greg and I have ever been to a dress up event like that since we have been married. You look beautiful! You must be so proud of Clay. I am so glad he is home with you now.
Post a Comment