Kimberly's kids had their time with their dad starting December 26th so we said goodbye to them that night. My parents took us to see Tangled with Kimberly which we all loved. It's been a while since I've enjoyed a Disney movie like that. Then my parents headed out to see all of my other siblings for Christmas. On December 30th, Kimberly asked him if they could come with us to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science and he said yes. We were very grateful to spend more time with cousins.
This museum was really neat. They had a lab set up where the kids could perform real science experiments. I had Ethan in the moby on me so there are no pictures of us.
Samantha, Amanda, Christina, and Barbra (she's hiding behind Christina) working on an experiment.
Clay and Jonathan worked together on another one.
I love the look on their faces here. Sorry Clay's a little blurry, I guess you can tell who was running the experiment or maybe I need a new camera.
I was amazed at the variety and diversity of the museum. They also had an Egyptian section, space section, as well as many other parts we didn't make it to.
All the kids had fun in this last part we went to where it was really hands on. Christina and Barbra had fun building a tower bigger than they are.
Jonathan and Samantha even got to dig for dinosaur bones.
In the meantime, Clay and Pepper gave up on us and zonked out on the floor.
December 31, we started our drive back home. It had snowed all the day before and started again just as we were leaving. It was kind of scary at times and I'm grateful Clay was driving. I learned that having a rear wheeled vehicle isn't so great in the snow.
In Colorado Springs, we had to get off the interstate for a bit because of several semi-trucks that had gone off the road, closing the road. On the little detour, we got to drive past part of Fort Carson. Maybe we'll get stationed there someday? As we started driving up the ramp to get back on the freeway, the suburban slid quite a bit (did I mention I was grateful Clay was driving) but Clay got us back up on the road where we discovered our speedometer quit working. Well, not completely yet.
It's fun to be driving down the freeway and having the speedometer say you're going 20 miles per hour when you're really doing 70. Needless to say, we stayed pretty close to other cars on the way home so we could follow their speed.
We arrived home January 1st, 2011. Time to start a new year with a lot of unknowns.
No comments:
Post a Comment