We got home from our Tennessee trip just before midnight on Tuesday, January 11. Everyone was happy to be home again. The next morning I walked into the little girls room to find this.
We kept all the kids home from school since we got back so late and Clay had the day off, still on leave.
Clay received a call telling us his flight date was January 18th.
We got things unpacked again. Thursday everyone was back to the usual routine. Friday the kids got out early and Clay ended up having the day off for the holiday weekend so we worked on getting things ready for him to go.
Saturday we dropped the uplander off for some car work to be done so I'll have one vehicle in top notch while he's gone and headed down to Round Rock, about a hour away to take the kids to Gattiland again. The kids have been filling in a chart as they've worked together to earn being able to go (and I knew I really didn't want to do that alone). We learned this time that there is a military discount (50% off!!!) for the food part which saved a ton. The kids loved it there and we all had a lot of fun. I think we'll have to make one more trip down there before we move.
Sunday was our last Sunday together as a family for a while. I had a hard time pulling myself together a few times. Especially when I taught my first lesson in Young Womens. I really don't like crying.
After church we came home and got dinner ready while dad was at a meeting for church. The kids and Clay decorated a container with stickers that we filled with m&ms (aka Daddy Kisses) that the kids get one each night after dinner for their goodnight kiss from daddy. When they're gone, Daddy will be home. :)
1 comment:
That's a good idea.
Thank!
Post a Comment