No, seriously.
Today was another one of those "fun" days where it took the kids HOURS to clean their rooms and get their jobs done between me reminding them as I rush in and out of the house to run kids to scout hikes, the ER, errands for hubby, running kids to go babysitting.
And I'm tired. And frustrated.
Mostly with myself. I want to be a better mother. I know we all have bad days but lately I feel like I just can't have the fun days that I LONG for. I just want to count down the hours until bedtime and get them all in bed.
I have to admit that it's really frustrating when I feel like I only get a few hours each day during the week when they're all home. And most of those hours I'm running around like crazy preparing meals, reminding kids to do their chores, helping with homework, bathing, 20+ loads of laundry each week, etc., etc., etc., And I'm tired. It probably doesn't help the not sleeping so well the last couple of weeks.
Some how I need to get my fun back. I had to almost force myself to take some time to play with Samantha this week while the other kids were in school. That was a much needed break for all of us but when they're all home, chaos seems to be the order of the house. And I miss having someone to help direct traffic.
I've had moments where I remember to do something for myself but have a hard time doing anything fun for myself. In fact right now I'm only typing this while I wait for the bathroom floor to dry so I can finish cleaning the bathroom. I'm so tired of running like crazy.
I know someday I'll "wish these days back" but that seems hard to believe right now. And Daniel informed me tonight that he has a 16 page writing assignment due Monday. He made it to page 5 tonight. UGH!!!!
Breathe.
I can do this. I know the Lord knows I can do this somehow. I don't want to survive or endure, I want to arrive alive inside too.
Floor is dried. Time to finish cleaning, laundry for the night, and go to bed. Hopefully next week will be better.
3 comments:
I think you summed up how all of us moms feel sometimes, and most of us aren't doing it alone with six children! I know it sounds lame (and maybe a little unfun), but it seems sometimes the only time anything fun gets done around here is if we schedule it. There's enough to keep all of us working all the time. I hope you can find some down time for you and the kids. Hugs coming your way!
I felt that way today like you have NO idea.
then I poured red food coloring on their milk, their rice (while cooking) and over their chicken.
They thought it was fun, I thought it was gross but I was a "fun" mom for a good five minutes.
Give it a try, it might be fun :-)
Belky reminded me of something my mom used to do. She'd put mayonaise in little containers and put food coloring in them so we'd have red, blue, yellow and green mayonaise. Then she'd let us paint out sandwich bread with it. THAT is fun! Good luck!
Post a Comment