I forgot to write about yesterday when I was cleaning the bathrooms upstairs. Samantha was so good and went to play in the boys room with the trains. I love it when she can sense times when mom needs a little time to get things done.
When I would check on her, she had tracks set up and was having a ball playing with the trains. After a while she brought in the box that has car stuff in it and asked me to open it. I told her we needed to clean up the train stuff first so we walked to the boys room so I could help her clean it up.
I walked in to find it ALL cleaned up. And put away under the bed again. I'm sure if I could clone her I'd make a lot of money. She's such a blessing to our family.
After posting something on the blog for us this morning expressing how I was anxiously waiting for a call from Clay to hear his voice, I walked away from the computer to finish getting the kids up. The phone rang. It was him. :) We were able to talk for about 20 minutes. He had no idea what time it was and said he didn't think he had slept at all since getting up Tuesday morning. They made it to Kuwait last night and were told they could be there for up to 5 days.
It was so good to hear his voice again. I was hoping he would be able to call this evening but I know he's extremely exhausted from all the traveling and was planning on crashing after dinner their time. There is a 7 hour time difference with Kuwait. Iraq will be 8 hour time difference.
After getting all the kids out the door this morning for school, Ethan, Samantha, and I headed out to the hospital for Ethan's appointment. It went how I expect. They really botched his circumcision and it will need to be redone as part of the skin has now fused itself to the head. (Hope that's not too much information). They like to wait until babies are about a year old to do this kind of surgery because he'll have to go through general anesthesia. I told her that we will be hopefully moving in July if my husband gets accepted into DO school so she said she would email the surgeon to see if he would do it a month earlier.
It will take about 4 months or so after the surgery for it to look right. Poor guy. But I'm sure he'll be grateful we're getting this done now instead of potty training time or teenage years. I'm not looking forward to it. Maybe I should schedule both Christina's and Ethan's surgery the same time so they can recover together.
After the appointment, I stopped by the fabric store to pick up some material to make a sleep blanket for my sister's baby. It was nice to go to the fabric store again. I wish it weren't so far away. I know a 40 minute drive really isn't that bad but it seems silly to drive it just for fabric.
Jonathan and Amanda had a rough day at school today. Daniel is so exhausted he is having a hard time focusing on anything. We at dinner at 4:30 tonight. Because we're all exhausted and we need sleep. Right now Amanda, Jonathan, and Samantha are in bed asleep and the two oldest are finishing homework and will be there soon. Hopefully getting extra sleep will help us all to function a little better tomorrow.
Ethan turned 6 months today. I can't believe it! I'll do another post about just him later. I need to call and schedule his 6 month appointment. Maybe tomorrow.
Oh, and my brother called me to ask for advice to cook his wife dinner. That made me feel good.
My parents also sent a plant today. It's the first time I've had something like that actually delivered to me. I'm grateful for the thought.
Oh, and it's really cold today. For here anyway. It dropped to 30 degrees when I came home this morning and dropped even lower. I'm sure it's in the teens now.
2 comments:
You are amazing! I am so inspired by you. Your attitude is so positive.
well it sounds like life is keeping you busy enough to not be wondering every second about Clay. Or maybe you are anyway.
It feels so silly to be so close to him but not being able to see him. Kuwait is right above us :-(
Post a Comment