Thursday, January 6, 2011

Driving to ????

As I already posted, Monday, December 20th we started our drive to Colorado. Only Christina knew where we were going. Since our life can be kind of unpredictable at times, we decided to roll with it and have fun.

We told the others that we were getting a hotel for the night because we needed a break from here. The kids did really well in the car. I am grateful for our "Tank." It makes road trips much more enjoyable for us all. We even pulled out the old making a necklace trick.

Oh, what a great time passer. And the boys like it too.As you get older, your necklace gets longer. :)
We stayed in the hotel Monday night in Amarillo. The next day we asked the kids if they wanted to go home or keep driving. I had planned on telling them that morning but Clay wanted to keep it a surprise a bit longer.

We went into New Mexico and the kids thought it was cool to be out of Texas. Daniel fell asleep right before we got to the Colorado border. When we passed the sign and I told the others that we were in Colorado. Jonathan and Amanda both said, "That's where Aunt Kimberly lives!" I asked if we should call and see if we could stop by and say hi. They were thrilled!

I had Amanda call and ask Kimberly if we could come visit. When Daniel woke up, he was kind of grumpy and wouldn't believe us at first. Luckily it's only 4 hours or so after you cross the border. They were so excited to see Kimberly, Barbra, Charlie, and Pepper again.

No comments: