I really need to do a lot of updating on the blog but here's a nutshell of what's going on right now.
The second day of the drive to Colorado, Clay got a call to let him know that he was scheduled to fly out for the deployment January 3-8. Luckily we were stopped for gas when he got the call. I drove the next stretch while he immediately called other commanders and was able to describe his situations which his NCOs haven't been doing. He called around and also found another soldier who was willing to take his place so that he could have the time for the interview before deploying.
He drove then while I typed the letter to his Col. as he dictated it. It was then sent as an email when we got to my sister's house that night. And we waited.
Sunday morning (the 26th) I woke up with a line from his patriarchal blessing running through my head. Later that night, he checked his email and we received word from the Colonel that he will be allowed to stay to go to the interview and has to be ready to deploy by January 13th.
We got back Saturday night from our trip to Colorado (more on that later) and now are planning a trip as a family to Tennessee this weekend so he can go to his interview. Two days of driving, there for two days, and then two days back. Then he'll have to be ready to go. Crazy but we want to have as much time as possible as a family.
Anyway, I'll update more later but I have a little one (and a big one) who needs to go to bed.
1 comment:
Well, I must say your life is never dull. I am so glad to hear that he gets to go to his interview! That is one huge hurdle you have gotten over. I hope all goes well! Thinking of you all.
Post a Comment