Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Day

Christmas morning my kids woke up at 5 am just as they said they would. How do kids do that when they don't have an alarm let alone a clock to look at? I have to say my kids have never woken up so early for Christmas.

They came in to get us but I knew that I had stayed up late but some of the elves stayed up even later so I told them that we weren't getting up until at 6. They went downstairs and watched a movie with grandma (she got maybe an hour of sleep) since grandma was in the room with the TV and came back up at 6:30 when I got up with them. I don't want to sound like a bad mom but I still have a baby who gets up in the wee hours that I was feeding. :)

And so the festivities began. I didn't get any pictures of the stockings. But here they are ready to start opening presents with grandpa and grandma.My mom gave Ethan this cute outfit that he got to wear for the day and pass down to his new cousin for next year.
I love the excitement as they try to help dad move the process along.
The joys of simple things. I love Samantha's smile. She LOVED Christmas this year. One day we went to the Dollar Store and without prompting from me, she began picking up items and telling me who they were for. She got her shopping done fast and I was so impressed how she thought of what to give everyone else.
The kids always think the Santa gifts at the end are the best. We start with the youngest usually and work to the oldest kid. I am so tempted to write what happened to a certain someone who saw her brother open a gift she wanted and didn't show the best attitude of the day when hers was inside another box. Needless to say, I have some great blackmail video someday if I need it.

But watching her cry as she received something she's asked for many years and realizing all the miracles that happened to be able to have her receive that made me cry too.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

OH, it looks like a lovely Christmas. How awesome you got to be with your sister and parents as well as have your own family all together.