Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Amanda's Indian Costume

This year at school, Amanda was told to bring in any size of army brown t-shirt. These are typically plentiful in the drawers in these neck of the woods. Clay actually gave his all away because of the military garments he wears so we had to go buy one. Thank goodness for all the army surplus stores around here.

Her teacher had them cut fringe around the sleeves and bottoms, cut off the bottoms for a tie, and then use fabric paint to make them look like Indian dresses.

They had a Thanksgiving dinner at school today and then she got to wear it home. Really cute!
Amanda's kind of been struggling with school the last couple of weeks. She cut her hair one day at school and had a few other significant issues. I think part of the problem was that she didn't fit in with the other kids as she didn't have the uniforms like everyone else. We've been working on that and with a few other changes (mom giving her a real haircut) she's a new kid.

She looks really cute with her hair cut (I think we cut off about 5 inches!) and seems to be adjusting so much better now. I'll have to take a better picture of an example of her uniform and haircut later. I'm so proud that she's fitting in so well now. She's catching up since she went from half day to all day Kindergarten (and our school in Utah wasn't very good). Good job Amanda on adjusting so well to all the changes!

1 comment:

wylie said...

What an adorable girl she is!! I love her costume.