Sunday, November 15, 2009

Funny things the kids have said about Texas

Well, needless to say, the kids have noticed that things in Texas are a little different than things in Utah. One of the first things Jonathan asked when we got here was, "Where are all the mountains?" (I miss the mountains too)Jonathan also asked me, "Does Heavenly Father want us to kill the cock roaches?" I guess he's pro cock roaches, just not in my house. Sorry son.

Yesterday we decided to leave the Fort Hood area and drove down to IKEA in Round Rock, Texas. We got out of the car and Christina made a comment about how it's both hot and cold at the same time. It was cooler than it has been (in the low 70s) but you can feel the humidity. Clay thinks we're silly for making such a big deal of it, it's nothing like what he went through this summer.

Today it was barely sprinkling as we left Stake Conference and Christina asked, "When it snows is it hot too?"

I know there have been other things the kids have said, so I'll have to add more later.

Finally, I just wanted to show what we pass everyday coming home.

Not something we ever saw before but now we get to everyday.

I'm still getting used to hearing the buggle calls to get us up in the morning (or rather when it's time to get the kids up) and telling us when we should be in bed. I really need to figure out if the songs have different meanings. The last song for the day is always Taps. Makes me miss grandpa.

4 comments:

Chris 'n Leah said...

Kids are so dog-gone cute! I just love their innocent perspective. thank for sharing!

Momma Twitch said...

I miss those tank crossing signs. ;) I grew up on Ft. Benning. Hope you're enjoying the military life!

Belkycita said...

Your kids are so funny!

Melissa said...

The answer is Yes. Sometimes it is hot when it snows, but very rarely. One of the things I love most about Texas is the courtesy of most drivers. I have been driving behind slower vehicls on 2-lane highways and the slow drivers almost always pull over so I can pass them. I love it! I love Texas--that is one state I wouldn't mind living in. I miss the mountains too though.