Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day of rest

Thanksgiving was nice and quiet this year which was nice. We had a good dinner and enjoyed time playing with the kids. So nice to take a break from the regular routine.

Yesterday was even better. We got up and left for Dallas. I've been longing to go to the temple again for a while (it's been a couple of months) but the San Antonio Temple didn't have any tickets left but 8 am on Saturday (it's a 2+ hour drive). I knew that wouldn't work so we made the extra distance and drove to Dallas. We got there, had a picnic in the park and then took turns in the temple. It's nice not having to need tickets for a session. I am so grateful we had the opportunity to attend the temple yesterday. It was 14 years ago that I first went to the temple on the day after Thanksgiving so it's extra special when I get to go to the temple on that special day.

I feel so blessed, the kids all did so well yesterday and got along so much better than I thought. Jonathan even did wonderful with potty training. I guess when you're just sitting in the car, it's easier to pay attention to such things instead of when you're up running around. :) Hopefully he'll keep catching on to this idea. He's our latest one yet but it's nice when they finally decide they are ready for it. Makes it much easier and mom doesn't get as stressed out about it.

We got back kind of late last night. We were gone for almost 13 hours but it was a wonderful day. Nice to be able to leave all the craziness we're going through to be in a place that it so peaceful. Hopefully we'll be able to go together again soon but I'll go however we can for now.

No comments: