Anyway, here's this recipe if anyone is interested. This is the BEST tomato soup recipe ever! Not the best for low fat, but it's a great special treat. I've been craving it for quite some time so I'm so excite to have it tonight! Even if you don't like tomato soup, this recipe is still worth trying. It's not your typical tomato soup.
Applebee's Tomato Basil Soup
5 large beefsteak peeled, seeded, and diced (or 2 cans of petite diced tomatoes)
5 cups V-8 juice
1/4 cup onion very finely minced
2 garlic cloves, pressed
14-18 fresh basil leaves
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 1/4 c. heavy cream
1/2 cup butter
Salt and pepper to taste
croutons for garnish
Place tomatoes and juice in a stock pot over medium heat; simmer 30 minutes. Puree the tomato mixture along with the basil leaves, onions, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
Place in slow cooker at low heat. Slowly add heavy cream then butter, until melted; season with salt and pepper as needed.
Simmer in slow cooker for 1 1/2-2 hours on low. BE SURE THE SOUP DOES NOT BOIL!
Garnish with croutons just before serving.
ENJOY!
1 comment:
When you posted about the cream being swiped I was REALLY hoping to get the recipe; thank you for posting it! I'm excited to try it. Although I am the only one in my house that likes tomato soup =(
Post a Comment