This week has been kind of crazy. I spent the Monday and Tuesday home cleaning and organizing. I have to admit, while I still have a lot to do, I feel so much more organized. Maybe not being pregnant when I moved in helped. :) It was nice not to be pregnant or moving with this last move.
I finally got the van cleaned out from our trip. I even took some of the seats out of the van (the ones I could) and used the carpet cleaner to clean it out. It looks good. It took forever to dry with the humidity here but it's so nice to have done.
Wednesday was spent running errands and we were out of the house most of yesterday too for appointments and errands. Still many more of those to come. I really need to get all of us in to the dentist but I think I'm going to try to break it up instead of taking all the kids at once.
Wednesday night I met with a member of the bishopric. He was recently called as a counselor in the new bishopric. It was his first time extending a calling so I think he was as nervous as I was. I'll be sustained Sunday as a Relief Society teacher. I've taught in the last 2 wards we've lived in, so why not continue the trend? I guess I still need to learn how to do it right. They finally have our records, so they will read those this Sunday as well.
Clay's busy at work. They seem slightly nicer this week. Monday night he gave me about an hours notice to attend a meeting for the two of us. The army is not very good at communication apparently. The meeting was all about the upcoming deployment. While hopefully, we won't have to do this deployment, he still gets to participate in the training. His unit will be gone for about 10 days right after Thanksgiving for training and then in January/February he'll be gone for a 15 day training exercise. There's also training in March (I can't remember how long that one is) and then in May, he's supposed to leave for a month to California for training.
He turned in the paperwork for a conditional release from his current contract so he can attend school. They won't sign it yet until they have a date but we've been told that it shouldn't be a problem to get it signed so we're filling out the secondary applications to DO schools as well as the application for the HPSP (army scholarship to pay for DO school). I have a hunch where we may be moving, but we'll see what the Lord has in store for us. I keep getting reminded that we need to turn our lives over to him. Regardless of what we do to try to get things to go the way we want, He reminds us who is really in control.
Clay talked with the recruiter for the army's medical program this week as well. It looks like he might take the officer's course in June-July and be gone for 6 weeks to San Antonio for the officer's course. It will be nice when he gets commissioned and becomes an officer. Now that we've seen the enlisted side, I'm ready to move on. Hopefully it will be better.
1 comment:
It is so nice to hear that you are settling in a bit. But that is a lot of gone time coming up here and there for training!
Post a Comment