I still remember walking away from that conversation wondering what just happened. It wasn't the ideal dream that we have as little girls of getting engaged. (He did make up for that later.) Just a conversation where the calendar was pulled out and dates were picked, temple chosen. Nice and romantic, huh? The next day was kind of awkward seeing each other and realizing what we had planned. But we knew this is what the Lord wanted, so here we are. 15 years and 6 kids later and an ocean between us.
Clay's unit had some excitement over last weekend. A rocket hit their camp. 2 KIA and Clay helped with 6 injuries but I was told by our neighbor (her husband is in another squadron) that there were a total of 10 injuries. I'm just glad he's ok. Things were supposed to be calm over there but the rockets do it their targets sometimes. Unfortunately, they hit the target where he was. He's kind of disturbed by it, and so am I. I don't like having to worry about my husband's safety on a daily basis. The anxiety was bad before, but it's worse now. I have had many people tell me that Iraq is much safer than it was years ago. And it is. But it's still a war zone. And MY husband is there in the middle of it.
I don't know how Grandma did this when Grandpa was gone for 17 months to Korea. But they didn't have the internet either. I had a feeling some thing was going on and found out about the incident before I was able to talk to Clay. He was surprised I had heard about it. I've been watching the series Monk on Netflix about an OCD detective. It's quite funny to watch. People often comment on his abilities as a blessing to which he always replies, "and a curse." Not that the Holy Ghost is a curse, but sometimes I wish I didn't get the promptings I do to find things out before people tell me about them. But after our accident last September, I am trying to be much more diligent about heading EVERY little prompting I get.
On a lighter note, over the weekend (since we weren't going anywhere with Conference) I decided to try the commando approach with Samantha with potty training. She actually did really well, I think she had 2 accidents. The kids all were surprised when she peed at the dinner table and mom knew what the noise was without looking or when she went in the pantry and mom again heard the noise. A little progress was made. Yesterday she took her self to do #2 on the toilet. We made a HUGE deal about it and she even got the "special" plate and dinner to celebrate. Little by little. I get worried with everything else going on that it's one more thing for me to deal with that I really haven't wanted to push it and let her take the lead. It sure would be nice to not have 2 in diapers, though.
Well, better run get the kids from school and the afternoon chaos begins. 2 weeks from tomorrow my mom will be here. Hopefully that will help.
2 comments:
Congratulations on the anniversary! So grateful that Clay is okay! We'll continue to keep you all in our prayers.
I too am glad Clay is OK. That is difficult having to worry about him. I hope the potty training goes well. It's been a year since we've had ONE in diapers. I can hardly believe it. Keep trucking along, you are doing great!
Post a Comment