Saturday, April 9th was Jonathan's 5th birthday. Just like he did 5 years ago, he woke me up early to tell me it was his birthday. :) He was pretty excited. At least this time he let me go back to sleep for a bit since Ethan decided he wanted to play for a hour in the middle of the night.
After breakfast and skyping with dad (and getting to open his present from dad), Jonathan and I headed out for our lunch date. He wanted to go to McDonalds or Wendys but I told him that since it was just the two of us, we needed to go some place where they bring the food to us. Once we got there, and watching his eyes and excitement over the dining out experience, I'm glad I encouraged him to change his mind. Apparently it's been a while since he's gone out like that. He loved his lunch at Applebees, especially when they sang to him and brought him a birthday sundae.
I then got brave and took everyone to a dollar showing of Gnomeo and Juliet at the movie theater on post. They don't usually show kids movies or it's usually a school night and still $4/person. Can't beat spending $10 for movie and popcorn for me and the kids on a birthday afternoon.
After stopping for groceries with everyone, we headed home to have his birthday dinner of chicken nuggets and watermelon. Then on to the cake and ice cream. He wanted a chocolate army cake so this is what we came up with--
So by this time, it was WELL past the kids bed times, so I was able to convince Jonathan to open his gifts the next morning. (Mom hadn't wrapped yet and he had already opened one from dad.) So Sunday morning, Jonathan opened his gifts while we skyped with Dad so he could be part of a birthday fun again.
I can't believe he's 5 already. It's amazing how quickly the time goes. I'm grateful to have this little guy in our home. He adds so much fun and excitement for our family and keeps mom on her toes. He is doing incredibly well in school (Pre-Kindergarten) and is reading exceptionally. Happy Birthday Buddy!

No comments:
Post a Comment