Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pre-op

Went to the hospital today to do the pre-op/registration stuff.  I feel like I was on the verge of crying more than once.  I talked with the doctor today and realized that Christina will need to go with me to keep an eye on Ethan during the ride home.  He's rear facing and I'm driving so I need someone to watch him to make sure he's okay during the drive home (40 minutes).  I hope it will go okay.  Get to wake up at 4 am to nurse him one last time and then nothing until after.  Hopefully we'll have a good nurse but I was warned that some don't let you hold your baby until they are completely awake.  I also don't know for sure if they will let me stay in the room until he's asleep.  I don't want to leave him with him crying.  I can't believe some of the things I'm going through--never would wish this on anyone either.

He's been getting a little wheezing in his chest.  I really hope he'll not be coughing tomorrow or we'll have to reschedule.  I've been trying to keep Samantha away from him so he doesn't get sick but as she is feeling a little better, it's hard to keep her away from him.

It's late, we have a long day tomorrow so I better try to get some sleep and Samantha's crying.  Time to go.

1 comment:

David and Alisha said...

You'll be in my prayers!