Thursday, April 28, 2011

Song of the Heart

Last night I was able to go to Young Women's with Christina since my mom is in town and able to watch the bulk of the other kids.  We went to a nursing home and sang to some women and 1 man there.

I haven't done that since college where I used to go with a group every Sunday.  It felt so good to do that again.  I felt like a part of me was coming alive that's been asleep for way too long.  I took Ethan and he was of course a hit.  I think that maybe the kids and I need to do a little practicing and go to visit again.  It would be good for all of us.

Today Jonathan had another headache episode ("shaking" in his head, vomiting).  So I spent some time on the phone and running to the pediatric clinic on post to get the referral that was started last year for him to go to a pediatric neurologist completed.  It still continued this afternoon so I loaded Christina, Jonathan, Ethan, and I into the van and drove to the ER in Temple (40 minutes away) with the hopes of having the pediatric neurologist come see him tonight.  We were within 15 minutes of the hospital when he told me they were gone.  And he's fine now.  The ER had a 6 hour wait and I didn't feel like waiting that long for them to tell me just to wait to see the neurologist later.  So we had dinner and came home.

And he's back to himself.  Except he slept most of today and doesn't want to go to bed tonight.  I would love to get some answers on what these are and why they hit and go away so quickly.  From one kid's medical issues to another.  At least the insurance is good.

No comments: