Sunday morning started with our traditional Conference Cake (aka coffee cake). The kids love being able to have cake and eggs for breakfast. They have been reminding me for weeks now. Amanda even complimented me on not being angry that morning. Yes, I still have a lot of improving to do. Nice of kids to point out and acknowledge efforts being made, right?
I love General Conference. For some reason I was more optomistic about being able to hear it better this time. I LOVED the parts I did hear. The kids did, um, ok? Jonathan got sent to the stairs a few times and there was a HUGE mess to clean up after each session. Someday I'll be able to take notes again but it seemed like there was at least one talk from each session that really stood out to me.
Weekends are nice to be able to not have to rush in the mornings and some times get to kind of sleep in. Crazy when you think that sleeping until 7 am is sleeping in.
Ethan's third tooth, first on top, broke through Friday. He's growing up way too fast.
I had my meeting on Friday. The Captain here told people that it was at 10 am, even though he scheduled it for 9. He showed up about 9:45 after we had already started. We won't be moving for another year. :( But they are getting everything approved now and then waiving it for next year so we shouldn't have to go through this again. When we moved here I thought it would only be for about 9 months, not almost 3 years. I guess I should have unpacked all the way before.
They are still trying to get some of the financial issues resolved. Hopefully those will move along quickly and we can know exactly where we are with that.
Friday night while I was trying to print off packets of stuff for the kids to do during conference, my printer died. Right in the middle of the page. UGH! I'm grateful that Christina was home so I could take my old one into Staples (without dragging 2 little ones in too) and get $50 off a new one. New one was on sale for $50 off so I got my new printer for half off!!! Not bad for a spur of the moment expense. And it was payday the end of last week. I'll count this as a tender mercy for it to have worked out this way. I also got to teach myself how to set up a network and reset the router. My skills are becoming bountiful. :)
I recently finished the book called "Divine Signatures" by Gerald Lund. Wonderful book! I need to acknowledge those divine signatures more often in my life.
Well, time to head for bed. Christina has her TAKS tests (state testing to move to next grade) the next two days. Neither she nor I are worried about her passing. I'm grateful she does so well in school. She got straight As on her report card that came home last week. Now to figure out what we're going to do about her school next year. Homeschool, transfer to another school district, or let her go to a very scary school.
No comments:
Post a Comment