Daniel stayed home from school Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Strep throat again? Please no. Luckily not. Test came back negative. I'm beginning to think my kids like having a little more time with mom so they get sick just to have it. I also am beginning to feel like we subscribe to cable in a different way--we can only watch it at the doctor's office. I've seen my fair share of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse lately, thank you.
I went and spent a little on some gardening stuff on Tuesday and ended up using our flower bed in front of the house to plant a little garden. This will be my first and only attempt for now to plant in Texas so we'll see what grows. We planted some sunflower seeds, marigolds, zucchini (I can't believe how much I crave this stuff lately! Grow FAST! And to think the thoughts of it as a child were so repulsive!), tomatoes, watermelon, and a little spinach. Some of the seeds were from last year that never got planted so we'll see how it goes and if the critters (human and otherwise) will leave the plants alone.
Finally got some cleaning done yesterday again. Too bad it doesn't stay done for too long.
Ethan woke up early this morning and just wanted to cuddle. REALLY cuddle. I loved it. He would just put his hand on mine and lay there next to me. LOVED every moment of it. It made me so sad to realize how short this part of his life is and why the babies of the family are harder for mom to disciple. I hope you'll still love me even when I have to correct you son. I don't want that time to come. This morning was perfect. Just the two of us, spending 30 minutes cuddling before I had to get up and get everyone else up. I'm going to miss this and I hope he's still willing to do this after next week.
Now he's taking a nap when I was planning on going out to run errands this morning. Oh well, there's always more laundry to do.
In my "spare" time, I'm trying to get myself psyched up for Ethan's surgery next week. I'm not looking forward to go through this alone. My mother will be here Wednesday to help with the other kids and Christina's trying really hard to tag along and miss school. The verdict is still out on that one.
I also get to talk in church on Easter Sunday (was supposed to be this week but the Easter Program and my talk got switched weeks) and teach the Young Women with a lesson I get to make up about Easter. My talk is supposed to be on Celestial Marriage. Hmm, Celestial Marriage--how to resurrect a marriage? Not sure how to blend the two yet.
I hope his recovery goes well so I can still make all my other obligations. It's going to be a fun week this next week, I can tell.
In my "spare" time, I'm trying to get myself psyched up for Ethan's surgery next week. I'm not looking forward to go through this alone. My mother will be here Wednesday to help with the other kids and Christina's trying really hard to tag along and miss school. The verdict is still out on that one.
I also get to talk in church on Easter Sunday (was supposed to be this week but the Easter Program and my talk got switched weeks) and teach the Young Women with a lesson I get to make up about Easter. My talk is supposed to be on Celestial Marriage. Hmm, Celestial Marriage--how to resurrect a marriage? Not sure how to blend the two yet.
I hope his recovery goes well so I can still make all my other obligations. It's going to be a fun week this next week, I can tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment