I just got the older 4 off to school and amazingly enough the younger two are still asleep. I probably should go back to bed myself this morning too but I know that as soon as I lay down, they'll wake up. Some times I get amazed at how I can somewhat function on little sleep.
The last three or so (I lost track) nights have been kind of rough. Samantha has had a very difficult time falling asleep again but this time it was added with not being able to stay asleep either. She ended up spending two of them on the floor in my room. I don't know if it's allergies, growth pains, who knows maybe molars? I wish she could communicate better so I knew what was hurting. It's so hard to see her screaming and not be able to know what one thing she needs to feel better.
I ended up taking Ethan to the ER last night after I got most of the others to bed. He kept gagging on mucus/flem yesterday and I was nervous to go to sleep and not be alert enough to wake up if he was choking on something. He got a priesthood blessing yesterday in church and does seem to be making some progress. Last night the ER doctor told me that he has some kind of bacterial infection in his eyes. Hmm. People at church yesterday told me it was the pollen/allergy stuff. Some of the other kids have had pink eye before but not with white gunk like this, it's usually yellow or green. Wasn't too impressed with the doctor/ER last night either. I didn't go to the one on post because I had been told that this other one was faster. Almost 3 hours later, I didn't think it was faster. It may have been slower but you can't take a number and wait at both ERs to see which one is faster.
Just for all the inquiring minds out there, Ethan weighed in at 18 pounds and 28 inches long, head is 46 cm. He turned 8 months yesterday. That's crazy. He's turning into quite a little man lately. His hair has turned blonde and at times I look at him and see both of my grandpas. I actually had someone mention yesterday that he looks like me. I hope that's a good thing. I love this little guy to death and couldn't imagine life without him.
The school kids all went to bed pretty reasonable last night but still had such a hard time getting up today. I think the allergy stuff is affecting them too. I have to admit that the idea of keeping some of them home from school today because they weren't feeling 100% was kind of tempting this morning. But I had to get up anyway to get the others out the door.
Well, it's a quarter to 8 and the two youngest are still asleep. Maybe I will lay down. Just for a minute until they wake up when my head hits the pillow.
No comments:
Post a Comment