One of the biggest disadvantages here (well it's an advantage to the checkbook I guess) is having to drive an hour to go to the fabric/craft store. They do have Hobby Lobby closer but the selection is smaller and I can't do my awesome work with coupon magic as often there.
So today, we adventured. Packed us all up and headed to Round Rock to go to Jo-Anns. It was ok for the most part. A few little mishaps but not bad. Ironically the best part was having everyone sit down and look at the pattern books. And I was good and only bought 2--one for Christina. I'm getting better at buying myself little presents as a reward for surviving another day. Probably not the best idea, but I have to have something to keep going so I bought myself some more stuff for the cricut so I can make some paper dolls for the kids for Easter (I think). Now I just need to buy the cartridge. I think they kids will all love them.
We also made it to IKEA where Amanda and Jonathan were able to go play in their play area. They got worn out there, I only had 4 kiddos to watch for shopping, the two oldest (pushing carts) and the two youngest (in carts). It was a good break. The road trip down and back again left things to still be worked on though. I refuse to pull out the DVD player for short trips except for extreme cases. Maybe I should have today but they need to learn how to do something besides watch movies.
I also took them all out to eat at Chick-fil-a. Another adventure but it wasn't too bad. One 12 piece nuggets per 2 kids to share, Christina and I got a sandwich and we all ate for under $20. Then the kids got to play while I fed Ethan.
One last stop at Target to get vitamins that I ran out of and on the road again for home. We got home with enough time for me to change, get bags brought in and out the door again for Stake Young Women Leadership Training. Christina fed the others dinner, I got dinner that not only was cooked for me, but I didn't have to clean up either and I didn't have to cut anyone's food, feed anyone else, or even dish up plates. Crazy how something so little makes me feel spoiled. It's nice to be taken care of for a minute. I don't think they knew how great that felt.
Picked up a few groceries on the way home from the meeting so we would have something other than spoiled milk to drink tomorrow. I guess we're cooking a lot with milk the next few days. Crepes, waffles, soups, here we come!
2 comments:
You are doing it! Sounds like a busy, but mostly good day. I bet you never dreamed you were capable of doing this, but you are! You are awesome.
Hi! My name is Melanie, I am Leah's sister Tara best friend. I have been reading your blog for some time now. I wish that I had the time to blog like you do and I have 2 kids and working fulltime. I think you are an awesome woman for being able to maintain some sense of normalcy with 6 children and without Clay there, I think you deserve to treat yourself more often then you say like with this last shopping trip. I'm sure that Clay would agree that you deserve a few extra treats for yourself for being the brave woman you are. I believe it was quite an adventure to take all the kids with you, however it seemed that things went rather well and they got a treat by going out to lunch when I'm sure that doesn't happen often. You should be an inspiration to all women, regardless of the number of children you have or if you work outside the home. I think I will make an effort to blog more and do more with my boys on a daily basis. Thanks!!! PS: I love reading about the different personalities that your kids have they are a cute bunch.
Post a Comment