Friday, March 11, 2011

Speech and Whatnot

I had a meeting today for Samantha and Amanda's speech at the elementary.  Amanda will now be going from twice to once a week.  She's making great progress.  I suggested they make sure they don't schedule it during reading.

Samantha will be going once every other week.  I'll take her over to the school and I guess walk around for a bit during school.  They're going to try to schedule it so that it will end by the time the other kids get out of school.  It will be so odd to only have one child for a short time and have to pick up 4 from the elementary.  It's sad I didn't think I'd have to do that quite yet but I did something similar when Daniel was that age too.  Wow time flies.

Tomorrow I'm going to get brave and make the hour long drive with 6 kids to go to the fabric store.  They're having their huge coupon sale ending tomorrow so we'll see what we can get and how long we can last with 6 kids.  Maybe I'll get lucky and come up with some fun activities to do the next week while their off for spring break.

Then, come home and head to a Stake meeting and have dinner with adults.  Hopefully I can refrain from serving everyone else first and cutting their food for them.  I picked up corn dogs (Christina says I've only bought them once before) for Christina to fix for the kids.  I had her (reluctantly) help with dinner tonight.  I don't think she really wanted to learn how to cook TONIGHT but it was actually a good time for me.  Ethan was asleep and the others were watching TV.  Not sure how much she got out of it, she was trying to keep up with the show too.  I tried.  And we'll try again with something else another night.  I keep changing and adjusting old recipes to make new recipes since Clay left and the kids have loved them all.  Too bad I didn't measure or write anything down.

No comments: