So sure enough, Christina has strep. And a sinus infection. Poor kid. Luckily the kind of strep she has the doctor says isn't contagious, it's due to the sinus infection.
After discussing things with the doctor, she asked if I was a nurse. Nope. Just a mommy of 6 and a wife of a chiropractic doctor, soon to be a D.O. Flattering, I guess. I guess I know too many medical terms and how things work in the body.
After her appointment, we spent the rest of the day running back and forth between Clay's unit command on post and the finance office to try to get one thing straightened out. His unit really should be doing stuff like this to help us out but they lose paperwork and I'm not very trusting of them anymore. I needed to know it got done, not just hope they would follow through. So 2 1/2 hours later, making multiple trips to each office, I think I finally got it straightened out.
Then it was time for school to get out.
After helping the kids with homework, feeding the baby, and getting them all situated on computers and electronics (this was weird, they usually don't get to do stuff like this), I was able to go grocery shopping. ALONE. I don't even remember the last time I went shopping all by myself. It was so odd. I kept looking around me for kids, and there weren't any that I was responsible for. My mother called halfway through so I wasn't completely alone anymore.
It was nice to still be able to go home and get dinner going before it was excessively late. Christina helped feed Ethan while I fixed dinner which helped things go a little better. We even had a more regular Family Home Evening last night AND scripture study. After I got some of the younger ones to bed, I finally got around to fixing the curtains that I started for Christina forever ago. They're finally done except some tie backs.
Sleep is finally coming. As in getting about 5, sometimes 6 hours, at one time lately. Last night, I couldn't go to sleep until I took a picture of this--
Ah, to sleep so peacefully. Someday again hopefully.
This morning I got up and worked on cleaning out some of the kitchen. Waiting to hear the kids' response to seeing the kitchen cleaner when they get home. Little by little, right?
10 weeks down.
Clay is counting weeks left and says there are 17 weeks.
1 comment:
I know just how you feel. Sometimes I wonder if I really should have been a nurse (or married a doctor) because those type of issues seem to be our constant struggle.
Post a Comment