I was trying to get some motivation up and really do something wonderful today but the lack of motivation was there and Samantha really wanted to just be held since no one else was around to play with.
Then the phone rang. It was the doctor we saw yesterday. Amanda has strep. She's at school. Whoops.
So I gather up the two at home and head to school to pick her up. We headed to the doctor's office (hopefully not another 2 hour situation) to get a shot to help her get over this fast. I really don't want to have a rerun from last year. I prepped her so she knew what she had to do. After lots of confusion about why we were there, we finally got the shot. The poor kid had her muscles tensed to bad the nurse had a hard time pushing the medication in. The rest of the day, she complained of sore muscles and not feeling well. I really hope it kicks in fast. I don't like seeing my kids sick. She'll be staying home from school tomorrow too. She shouldn't be contagious after 24 hours from the shot but the school has the policy that if they're not there by 9:30 am, you can't bring them the rest of the day. She's looking forward to staying home anyway. Maybe we can clean out her drawers.
I'm really struggling with a serious lack of motivation. I haven't wanted to post much on here because we're not completely sure what's going to happen but it isn't looking good for us going to school this summer. I guess next year we should be able to go. Lots of things are being looked at but the bottom line is that Clay will probably be gone until mid August. UGH. That means we're not even halfway yet. All this equals serious lack of motivation to do much of anything.
But my mother is coming out next month for it looks like 2 weeks or so to help when Ethan has his surgery and hopefully some miracles will happen so we can maybe attend Time Out for Women in San Antonio the next weekend. I found out this morning that the school took away the half day tomorrow and the one in Thursday plus the day off when I have Ethan's surgery scheduled. This might be interesting or my kids may just have to miss the day anyway. I'm not rescheduling it.
Hopefully I can get my act together and get some things done before she gets here. Not that she'll really care how the house looks but I do. Hopefully we'll all get feeling much better and the motivation will suddenly come to me. Let's hope so.
Inspired by my cousin's blog (and of course with some help of Christina) I took some cute pictures of Ethan the other night taking a bath. He's such a great baby, even when he doesn't feel his best, he still smiles.



2 comments:
Sometimes I read your posts and I think, I feel just the way she does and my husband is here! I had a bad day yesterday too. I think I was in my pajamas until noon. I skipped exercise and I let Jacob watch TV all morning. I didn't even make dinner. It's OK to have a bad day once in a while. Most of your days you get up and do what you need to do. AND you are doing it all without backup. You are awesome! You inspire me. I hope everyone gets to feeling better. I am so glad your mom will be there soon.
I feel the same way as Tammy. I feel like you do more than I do and I have my mom AND David to help.
You are doing more than GREAT! I am sorry they are all sick but you know what, some Sprite and some TV is just what you all need.
Remember, you shouldn't run faster then your natural abilities.
You can do it, just one day at the time.
I really hope you can go to the Time out for Women, you need it.
Post a Comment