Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Day 11

The past few days have been kind of on survival mode.  Lack of sleep, lots to do, and already tired.  Some days are harder than others and that's okay.

I spent several hours working on a gift for a friend to give to her in-laws.  I thought they turned out pretty well.  I wish I would have had more time to make them look a little better but I'm trying to learn to say "It's good enough."

I need to share a funny story about Ethan before I forget.  Ethan was having a hard time last night.  We had friends over for dinner, I had lots to do and not enough one on one time with him, and he is also not getting enough sleep (some days I think having everyone in their own bedroom would be wonderful).  He had pushed the friend's son off the ottoman, punched his sister in the nose, etc.  Clay gave him a bath while I was busy helping one of the other kids and then I got him to get him dressed.

He had been sent to his room to wait for me.  As I entered the door, I saw it was dark in the room but light was coming in through the hallway.  I saw him standing there and from his stance, I had a feeling I knew what he was doing.  After turning on the light, my suspicion was correct, he had peed on the carpet.

Christina cleaned up the carpet while I finished getting him dressed (yes, I gave her the choice).  I was commenting to Christina that I couldn't believe he had done that.

Ethan said, "Well, believe it Mom.  You're going to have dreams about it tonight too."

He comes up with the funniest things to say.  I love this age.

No comments: