Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Day 18--Christmas

Today is Christmas and it was so fun to watch my kids and Clay open the surprises I had for them.   Things are kind of tight while we're in school but I feel so blessed that my kids are grateful for what they do get and we have more than we need.  I got a little creative this year and made a Darth Vader apron for Clay which he's had fun sending pictures of to many of his friends and family.

We also had the Elders come over this afternoon to join us for lunch.  After lunch, we let them call their families to talk to them.  I know they and their families really appreciated being able to either see or hear from them.  They stayed for a bit until their dinner appointment this evening and played games with us.  I can tell they really appreciated the time to be with a family today instead of in their apartment.

No comments: