Some day I hope to live closer to a temple again. This is the farthest we have ever lived from a temple and I miss going very often. It's about a 4 hour drive each way so we've usually ended up getting a hotel so it's not so hard on our family doing that much driving and attending the temple in the same day. Needless to say, between the cost of gas, hotel room, and finding the time while Clay's in school, we don't get to the temple as often as I wish.
Saturday morning, as Clay and I were preparing for the session to start, I was approached by a sister asking if I could help her with a family name. It was a very special session for many reasons. After the session, I ran out and stayed with our youngest four kids while Daniel and Christina went inside with their father to do baptisms for the dead. This was Daniel's first time.
I am so grateful for our Relief Society President who surprised me and ran out to sit with the kids while I was able to go in for a brief time to watch Daniel as he entered the waters of baptism. It was a special experience to realize that four of the eight of us were in the temple together for a short time yesterday. I look forward to the day when we are all in the temple together.
No comments:
Post a Comment