Monday, December 9, 2013

Day 2-- The Bell Ringer

Today as Ethan and I headed into the grocery store, I noticed the bell ringer standing outside.  I don't know how they find volunteers to ring those bells this time of year.  I know Christina participated for a club when we lived in Texas but I'm not sure how they find all the different people to man those bells for such long hours.

As I walked past him today, I thought about what that would be like.  Standing whatever weather we are blessed with that day.  Watching people walk past you, I'm sure often not making eye contact.

So as I was finishing up my shopping, I went by the deli and picked up a prepackaged lunch with a drink, sandwich, chips, and cookies.  I paid for the groceries and headed to the door.  The stand was there but the bucket and the man were gone.  I have to admit I was wondering why I felt like I needed to buy this man lunch when he was now gone.  I guess I took too long.

As I headed out the door, I was debating with what to do with the lunch I just bought.  Going through the door, I saw two people walking in and just behind them was the man. I grabbed the bag and held it out to him and thanked him for ringing the bell.  He asked how did I know it was him.  He was pretty surprised that I remembered what he looked like.  I'm just glad I found the man who apparently needed the lunch and the Lord still provided a way for him to have it.  Perfect timing.  :)

No comments: