Today I sent a note to our bishop's wife to thank her for letting her husband serve. I know what it's like to have a husband gone a lot and think that the bishop's wife is one of the least appreciated callings in the church. I can only imagine how difficult that would be some days.
The bishop's family was supposed to sing in church on Sunday (did I mention our bishop is in a band?--the Hinckley Brothers) but the bishop said they were all home sick and he left after Sacrament meeting because he wasn't feeling so well either. The bishop was gone all day Saturday from his family. We had a man get baptized that morning and then he and many others drove to Nashville for our youth's baptism trip. We didn't get home until almost midnight. That's dedication. I am very grateful for our bishop and his family for allowing him to serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment