My heart is so full tonight. Clay and I were able to go with Amanda, Jonathan, and Samantha to the funeral of Michael Alleman who was killed while serving our country in Iraq. It was such a special but hard thing for us to do. I think it hit Clay pretty hard today that he's leaving. It's been so easy for both of us to keep busy and not focus on how quickly our time together is going.
I know that this will not be easy for either one of us or our family but I know this is what the Lord wants us to do. We have been so blessed with 5 wonderful children who are the light of our lives. I am so grateful for all the memories we have and look forward to making more as a family. I know that if we do whatever we are asked by the Lord, he will provide a way for us to do that which he has asked us to do. I am so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge I have that we will be together forever as a family.
I am so proud of Clay and his decision to serve our country. I know that he will be watched over and protected as we will while we are separated. I am so grateful for the privilege I have of being his wife. I will love you forever Clay!
No comments:
Post a Comment