Wednesday morning, bright and early, I took Clay to the MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station). He had to be there at 6:00 a.m sharp so we left at 5:30 and waited for them to open the doors. We knew we could take the kids to the swearing in so I kept them home from school and waited for the phone call.

The kids just before the swearing in.

Clay taking the oath.

Officially a soldier.

Daniel & Amanda as soon as they could give daddy a hug.

Clay with Daniel and Jonathan.

Clay and the kids after being sworn in.

Our first family picture with our soldier. I am so proud of him!
We were able to pick up Clay from the hotel around 3:30 p.m. We took the kids out to Arctic Circle for an early dinner and went home for a movie and popcorn. Clay helped me get the kids ready for bed but first a picture with each of the kids individually for them to hang on to until daddy gets back.

Clay & Samantha

Clay & Jonathan (his mini me)

Clay & Amanda

Clay & Daniel

Clay & Christina
He put the kids to bed and said good-bye to them before I took him back to the hotel. We went in so he could eat and then he walked me out and said good-bye. He had to be in bed with lights out by 10 p.m. I drove home and spent my first night alone in our bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment