Saturday, March 21, 2009

HE CALLED

We had a really good day today! Christina spent the night at a friend's house and we still were able to get a lot done. I was able to fertilize part of the lawn (I thought we had more fertilizer) I guess I'll have to go get more and finish next week. I clean the oven (that was much needed!), caught up on laundry and cleaned out some of our bedroom. It's hard when I've let things go for so long to help with the bathroom and spend time before he left. It feels good to get back into things and dejunk!

After lunch, the kids and I headed up to Memory Grove/City Creek Canyon for a walk tonight. They were fascinated with it and I think we walked about 4 miles total, not too bad. It felt so good to get out with the kids and do something fun. We had a great talk at the place we turned around too and I let the kids do a little exploring. It was wonderful to feel peace there.

On our way home, I was pleasantly surprised when the cell phone rang and it was Clay! YEAH!!!! I pulled over and we were able to talk almost 45 minutes. It was so good to hear his voice, it was MUCH needed. He's doing well, was a little frustrated yesterday but doing better today. He's been issued his PT clothes but still needs to do more paperwork before the training actually starts. Hopefully they'll let him call again soon.

Well I still need to mop the floor if I can convince Samantha to go to sleep. Tomorrow my mom is coming to watch the little kids while Christina and I go to the Draper Temple dedication. I'll take her to the airport early Monday so she can spend two weeks with my sister in Denver.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you!!!

And it sounds like you are one motivated lady! It is always tough work but it feels so good to accomplish a defined task.

Cheryl said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you!