Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Stopping Time

Things have been so crazy lately--I just want time to stop.

Right now, both of my grandmothers are in the ICU--at different hospitals. Grandma Beck had a stroke about a week ago and is doing much better. I finally had a chance to get over to see her last night. She's still very alert and responsive although she doesn't seem to have any movement in her right arm and her right side is very swollen.

Grandma Jensen had a valve replacement yesterday and after having a bit tricky time closing, the doctors were able to get her closed up and the operation seemed to go very well. She'll be in ICU for about 2 weeks.

The bathroom is coming along, these pictures are from almost a week ago. I just haven't had a chance to post them until now.
The kids have very much enjoyed taking baths in the new tub--it's a little deeper than a regular tub. Hopefully I'll be able to try it myself someday soon!

We were able to find the mirror, vanity, sink top, and wall cabinet at a Home Depot for $350 for all of the pieces! They were the floor models but have very little wear and it was about 1/2 the cost of new! We were excited and I like the way it looks (& works)! I never thought I'd be so excited to see the bathroom door closed and hearing it being used! Silly, huh?And did I mention how much proud I am of Clay for doing this for our family! I have decided that us working together on home remodeling/building projects are a great way for us to work on communication skills! :)

The last few days he's put tile up around for the baseboards and around the tub, along with some caulking. I'll take some more pictures for the final look!

Tomorrow is Disney on Ice--we're so excited!

1 comment:

Chris 'n Leah said...

What a long week for you. I bet time moving slowly is a blessing and a curse.

Hang in there and enjoy all of the little moments together. Take the time to pause and take "mental" or real images. You can never have too many pictures.