Friday, March 27, 2009

Samantha's 1st birthday

Monday, March 16th was Samantha's first birthday. We picked up the Christina & Daniel from school early and headed to the the Living Planet Aquarium for one last time as a family.
Samantha checking out the frogs. Still a favorite!
Jonathan & Clay looking at the bugs/fish in the water.Samantha decided to check out her climbing skills on the rocks.
After the aquarium, we headed home for dinner and let Samantha eat her cake.
She was very excited about it and surprised mom let her have the whole cake!

I was surprised that I think she's the first of our kids who actually used a spoon to eat the cake and didn't throw it on the floor. She really liked cake and ice cream.

I took her to the doctor for her visit the next day. She was 19.6 lbs & 29 1/4 inches if I remember correctly. Not quite enough to turn the car seat yet but I'm sure she'll be there soon.

That night we had a special Family Home Evening. Clay gave all the kids and I priesthood blessings as well as a special blessing on the house while he is gone.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Holy Cuteness! I just love that last picture! Happy Birthday little one.